Yoga has been a powerful mind-body exercise for thousands of people all over the globe for centuries. Yoga focuses on overall wellness and growth. It makes you feel happier in ways you never thought possible. Yoga is more than losing weight. Yoga asanas, breathing techniques and yoga poses can release chemicals that make you feel happy. Start yoga if you haven’t already. We have provided three beginner yoga poses in this article. It’s worth a look!
Why You Should Do Yoga Right Away
These are some of the amazing benefits of yoga.
- Stress reduction
- Heart health is improved
- Lower back pain can be treated
- Reduce chronic pain
- Stimulate muscles and bones
- Stretches your body
- Concentration levels increase
- Combats depression and anxiety
- Improves lung capacity
- Increases quality of life
Types Of Yoga For Beginners
Below are the main types and benefits of yoga for beginners.
- Hatha yoga – Also known as the “yoga of force”, Hatha yoga is a form of yoga that focuses on strengthening and purifying your body.
- Iyengar yoga: This type of yoga is focused on alignment. It uses props like wooden blocks, chairs, and bolsters to help you hold and achieve difficult poses.
- Bikram Yoga – Bikram is a type of yoga that is usually done in a hot root. It involves 26 postures and two sessions. You begin by performing standing and balance postures. Next, you will perform twisting poses, backbends and forward bends.
- Ashtanga Yoga – Also known by power yoga, Ashtanga is fast-paced and emphasizes building endurance and strength.
Yoga Poses For Beginners
Yoga is suitable for all ages, no matter how thin or slender you are, whether you’re 6 or 80 or flexible or rigid. Let go of all your worries and get started with yoga. We have listed some simple and effective yoga poses that are easy for beginners.
Utkatasana Chair Pose
- Start this yoga position by standing straight up with your hands on your hips. Next, place your feet slightly apart and hold your arms out. Next, extend your arms outward and place your palms down. You should keep your arms straight and not bend your elbows.
- Slowly lower your knees until your feet feel no tripod effect. Now, push your pelvis forward so that you can sit in an imaginary chair.
- Lift your hands high. Your palms should be facing each other. If your low back begins to arch, draw your lower spine toward your hip points. Don’t overdo it. For five deep breaths, you can remain in this position.
- Push down on your feet until your legs are extended. Then, let your hands go to the sides and extend your legs.
Utkanasana is a way to stretch your spine, hips and chest muscles. It is one of the best yoga asanas to boost immunity. Utkanasana practice can help you feel balanced in your body, and give you great determination for the mind. It can help you lose weight in your butt region, and tone your legs.
Nau asana (Boat Pose)
- Begin by lying flat on your back.
- Place your feet together with your hands on your sides. Make sure your fingers are pointed towards the toes with your hands straight.
- Breathe in. Breathe in. Lift your chest and feet off the ground as you exhale.
- Now, move your hands towards your feet. Feel the tension in your stomach area as your abdominal muscles contract.
- Your entire body weight should be on your buttocks. You should keep your eyes, fingers, as well as toes, in one place. For a few seconds, inhale.
- Slowly inhale and return your body to its original position.
Nau asana, one of the most beneficial yoga poses for beginners, strengthens your abdominal muscles, arms and thighs. This yoga pose improves digestion and relieves excess gas. This is one of the best Yoga Asanas to treat anxiety and depression.
Tad asana (Mountain Pose)
- Keep your feet and legs straight. Next, bend your knees slightly and straighten your legs to loosen your joints.
- To avoid distractions, focus on one spot.
- Your kneecap should be lifted, and your thighs should be firmly contracted. Then turn your legs inwards. Do not tighten your lower abdomen.
- You can now strengthen your inner arches by lifting them. Next, extend your tailbone and lift your chest.
- Gently lift your head and extend your neck.
- Continue to breathe deeply. Inhale deeply and feel your breath travel from your stomach to your feet. During exhalation, you will feel your breath go down from your head to your stomach and then your feet.
- Breathe in, and slowly raise your toes.
- Your shoulders, arms, and chest should be extended upwards. Balance your body weight by letting your toes do the same. For a few seconds, stay in this position and then return to your original position.
Tadasana improves posture and can also be used to increase height . Regular practice of this pose can help tone your legs, abdomen, and buttocks.
These 3 yoga poses are just a few of the many options available to beginners.
- Adho Mocha Shavasana
- Utahite Asha Sanchalanasana
Yoga Tips to Help You Get Started
These tips will help you get started with yoga if you’re a beginner.
- Sticky mats available
- Start to learn beginner-friendly poses
- Comfortable clothes
- Pay attention to your breathing
- After you’re done with your asanas relax with savasana
How Much Should a Beginner Learn Yoga?
You will see the benefits faster, no matter how advanced or beginner you are. However, if you’re new to yoga, it will take some time for your body to adjust to certain poses. It is best to learn yoga from an experienced instructor. This article will show you how to start with basic yoga for beginners. You might feel soreness if you’re a beginner. This is because you’re using different muscles or pushing them to do more. You may feel a deep release of muscles like your hamstrings or hip flexors. This can cause soreness. Don’t panic if this happens. This is normal and will pass as your body adjusts to the practice. You should always seek the advice of a qualified yoga instructor before you attempt these yoga asanas. Before you begin these exercises, consult your doctor if you have any health concerns.