Because of their high nutritional content, smoothies are a great drink after a yoga class. This allows you to get a large dose of vitamins, minerals and protein in one drink. Smoothies are very nutritious and easy to make.
All you need to make a basic smoothie is a cup full of fruits and vegetables and a liquid. For extra flavor, you can add nuts and seeds. This smoothie is a delicious combination of mango, banana and berry.
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries These tiny berries are known to be some of the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are rich in antioxidants, which help to reduce oxidation and fight off diseases like cancer. Frozen fruit can thicken smoothies and give them a milkshake-like consistency.
- One cup of frozen strawberries– Strawberries are one of the most nutritious sources of vitamin C. They have more vitamin C per gram than oranges if you compare their weight to the weight of strawberries. Vitamin C is essential for many bodily functions, including wound healing, iron absorption, and fighting infection.
- Half a frozen banana – Bananas are a popular ingredient in smoothies. Bananas are rich in natural sugars, which makes smoothies more delicious. Bananas are high in dietary fiber, which promotes good digestive health.
- One cup of frozen mango Orange-coloured foods are great sources of vitamin A, and mangoes are no exception. One-cup mangoes provide 25% of your daily vitamin A needs. Vitamin A is good for your eyes, skin, and hair.
- One cup of spinach– If you gave this smoothie to a friend, they’d be shocked to discover that it has a full cup of spinach! It is completely hidden by the colors and smells of the fruits. Spinach is a great source of vitamin K. One cup will provide you with more than you would need in a single day.
- One tablespoon of chia seed is great for smoothies as they expand when liquids add and blend well. Chia seeds are high in protein, fiber, calcium, and manganese.
- One cup coconut water Lastly, you will need liquid to make your smoothies drinkable. Coconut water is similar to regular water but has potassium and magnesium. To ensure the smoothie stays cold, use chilled coconut water.