Tummo meditation was an ancient form of meditation that Buddhist monks used. This form of tantric yoga originated thousands of years ago in Nepal. It is believed to eliminate all negative thoughts. This meditation will allow you to think clearly and redirect your thoughts. This exercise could be done with three damp clothes. Wear your wet clothes over your nude body in cold or freezing temperatures.
What is Tummo meditation?
Tummo, a Tibetan word that means “fierce” or “inner fire,” is Tummo. In Sanskrit, Tummo is called cnnddaalii (chandala), a fierce woman. The Vajrayana Buddhist lineage practices Tummo meditation. Tummo meditation is a common practice among devout Buddhists. One of the six types of meditation this faith recognizes is Tummo. It is a meditation that awakens the inner fire of your soul and unleashes your spiritual energy. It also helps you control your mind and body to achieve meditation. Visit a Tibetan Buddhist monastery to learn more about Tummo meditation. Let’s first learn about the practice, its benefits, and how it is done.
How to Practice Tummo Meditation
Tummo Meditation is an essential and straightforward technique that teaches you to breathe. This meditation technique is Pranayama-based. These steps will help you do it right.
1. Place your feet on a mat. Cross your legs and place one leg over the other. You could put your hands on the knees.
2. Now, close your eyes. Focus on your thoughts and eliminate all negative thoughts. Your mind can be spoiled by ideas that come from all directions. This is something you need to avoid. Your mind should be calm. It would help if you got rid of all sinful and negative thoughts.
3. Movement in your bowels can be seen when you breathe. It goes up and down gently.
4. You can now continue to focus on your bowel movement during exhaling and inhaling.
5. Begin to move upwards, and then focus on the nose. Focus on your breath as it inhales or exhales.
6. Once you can concentrate without opposing thoughts, your body will appear hollow in your mind.
7. Imagine a hot lamp in the middle of a hollow balloon. All heat will be released.
8. As your body heats up, observe.
Health Benefits Of Tummo Meditation:
Numerous health benefits can be derived from Tummo meditation.
- This allows you to fight in new ways than you could ever imagine. This is the battle for the mind.
- It increases your concentration power.
- It increases your memory capacity.
- You feel calmer and more composed.
- It ignites your inner fire.
- It cleans your heart and keeps you healthy.
- It will also improve your breathing techniques as well as the health of your lungs.
Surprising Example Of Tummo Meditation:
Wim Hof was a brave man who endured the harsh cold. He was known as the Iceman for his incredible ability to withstand the cold. He was the first to run naked foot in the Arctic and has now set sights on Antarctica. This is amazing! He holds over 15 world records. All of them are due to his ability to withstand the ice. He was able to stay in the ice bath for seventy-three minutes. He enjoys pushing his body to the limits, especially when it comes to cold weather. He even attempted to climb Mount Everest in just shorts. Isn’t this crazy?
The simple technique of Tummo meditation allows you to clear your mind and eliminate all negative thoughts. This ancient Buddhist meditation technique helps improve concentration and memory, cleanse the heart, keep the lungs healthy, and makes you calmer and more composed. To maintain a positive mind, practice tummo meditation and eliminate all negative and sinful thoughts. Once you have mastered this meditative technique, you will be a transformed person, filled with positivity.